German Training Week - Project Development
You are cordially invited to participate in the German Training Week - Project Development (GTW-PD) in Ho Chi Minh City on 12th - 16th November 2018. It is organised by the Project Development Programme (PDP), implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, and the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Vietnam (GIC/AHK Vietnam) in the framework of the German Energy Solutions Initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
Selected participants will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge on technical, commercial and legal aspects how to develop rooftop solar PV projects that will attract international investors and meet lenders’ requirements to accelerate the realization of solar PV adoption in your market. You will learn about all necessary building blocks of a project proposal at international standards. (It should be noted that the course is not intended to provide detailed training on technical topics such as energy simulation programs, storage solutions and hybrid system.) The focus of the course is on rooftop embedded solar PV projects that are designed for commercial and industrial (C&I) end users consuming the solar energy directly.
We are looking for applicants with the following attributes:
• Existing knowledge of solar energy fundamentals
• A completed technical or electro-technical vocational training
• A relevant university or college degree in area such as engineering, science or finance
• Interest in developing (or preferably already currently active developing) solar projects.
• Relevant professional experience (min. 3 years) in the solar business such as: project developer, service provider, equipment supplier, or consultant.
• Professional experience that would enhance the class dynamic (e.g. having worked for a local utility, lender, lawyer, government, or commercial facility)
• Advanced computer skills in MS Excel and Word
Please kindly complete the attached application form and provide the requested supporting documentation. If your application is selected, you will receive an official confirmation letter to attend the course.
• Application form: to ensure the training quality and maximizing learning experience for all participants, maximum accepted registrations will be 30. Please complete the application form attached to this invitation letter. It will be used for the selection process.
• The deadline for submitting your registration is 31st of October 2018. Please kindly send your registration via email to Ms. Nguyen Tra Thao Anh (ThaoAnh.NguyenTra@vietnam.ahk.de).
• Registration fee: 2,800,000 VND/ participant
• Payment procedure: to be provided in the confirmation letter and to be completed before the training takes place. The participants will receive VAT invoice (if required) including this information: “Consultancy fee for German Training Week – Project Development”.
• Conditions: The registration fee is only for the catering service (coffee breaks and buffet lunches). Other preparation costs are borne by the organizers. Participants are required to take care of their personal travel and accommodation expenses (if applicable).
• IT Equipment: It is necessary that participants bring their own laptop and a USB stick.
• Handout materials: Handouts in English and Vietnamese will be distributed on the first training day; participants will also receive all materials and tools via emails after the training week.
• Sample project: Each participant is required to bring a description of a sample solar PV rooftop project that you have been involved in – ideally a development project, which will be presented to the class on the first day and will be used to develop a project teaser on the final day.
• Language: The course is conducted in English. Cabin translation into Vietnamese will be provided.
• Certificate: There will be a final exam and the participants who successfully complete the course and pass the final exam will receive a Certification.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you all at the GTW-PD!